November 1, 2020
A new booklet from the Weizmann Institute of Science is now out, welcoming its latest leading scientific recruits.
Introduced by Weizmann President, Professor Alon Chen, the seven new scientists join the team of over 250 principal investigators (PIs) who run labs filled with scientific talent and state of the art equipment.
“One of the Institute’s great strengths is its ability to attract the best young scientists fresh from their postdoctoral studies at the world’s top institutions,” he said.
“Every year we hire a cadre of new PIs for faculty-track positions and you can read about our latest hires here [in this booklet],” said Professor Chen.
Professor Chen also thanks all the supporters of the Weizmann Institute of Science who generously contribute to research and the careers of young scientists.
The newcomers are:
- Dr Rotem Arnon-Friedman, Department of Physics of Complex Systems – The Challenge of quantum cryptography
- Dr Nir Fluman, Department of Biomolecular Sciences – Gateways for the cell
- Dr Michal Haskel-Ittah, Department of Science Teaching – Separating informational wheat from the chaff
- Dr Yoav Livneth, Department of Neurobiology – The brain-body conversation
- Dr Michal Ramot, Department of Neurobiology – Rewiring behaviour via the brain
- Dr Eliran Subag, Department of Mathematics – The pull of probability
- Dr Barak Zackay, Department of Particle Physics and Astrophysics – Signals from the stars
You can read the full booklet here.
Professor Alon Chen, President of the Weizmann Institute of Science