Philanthropic investment and funding opportunities can be directed to a number of areas. Some examples are listed here. Each gift assists in enabling our scientists to carry out vital research and work towards cutting edge discoveries to benefit us all.
- Weizmann Coronavirus Response Fund: aims to raise approximately $25 million for the urgent dissemination of support to its scientists working on the front lines to find solutions. By capitalising on the Weizmann Institute’s world-renown in basic science, the Fund will help expedite solutions to the global threat of SARS-CoV-2, which causes COVID-19 disease. Encompassing a range of efforts by numerous scientists who are stepping up to the plate to urgently search for solutions, the Fund will prioritise three areas: ramping up testing capacity, tracking outbreaks in the making, and advancing promising research initiatives toward treatments and potential vaccines. More details here.
- Specific Research Programs: expanding our understanding of melanoma, breast cancer, multiple myeloma, cancer immunotherapy, 36 autoimmune diseases and type 2 diabetes and many other areas of scientific research.
- 3D Visualisation and Science Education: advancing the wider understanding of genomics in the community, with a focus on molecular visualisation and education initiatives.
- Global Science Exchange: facilitating the sharing of expertise and know-how with Weizmann scientists spending time at the Garvan Institute of Medical Research in Sydney, and vice versa, on collaborative projects which can lead to the development of entirely new technological applications and accelerate the process of biomedical discovery.
- International Summer Science Institute: bringing together talented high school graduates from all around the world to experience the challenges and rewards of scientific research, and learn more about the Weizmann Institute and life in Israel today.
Donations made to the Garvan-Weizmann Partnership are tax deductible.
For more information about donating to a specific opportunity, please contact us via the form below.